The unique natural ingredients in OSYS® Naturals were specifically chosen and formulated for their healing, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, analgesic, and tissue regenerative properties.
OSYS® NATURALS INGREDIENTS:
- Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe Bargadensis) has been used medicinally since ancient times- the Egyptians called it “the plant of immortality.” Aloe Vera is a cactus plant belonging to the Liliaceae family that grows in the drier climates found in Africa and India. Aloe Vera gel moisturizes the skin without leaving greasy residue. The two hormones found in Aloe Vera gel (Auxin and Gibberellins) promote wound healing and can help reduce skin inflammation. Giberellin stimulates the growth of new cells, allowing the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring. Aloe Vera gel is effective in healing acne, eczema, and psoriasis, reduces blistering and itchiness, and even lessens the visibility of stretch marks. Its leaves contain a plethora of antioxidants (including beta carotene, vitamin C and E) that help the skin retain its natural firmness and hydration.
- Peppermint Oil (Mentha Piperita) originated in the Mediterranean regions but is now cultivated throughout the world. Peppermint oil provides antiseptic, anti-bacterial, and disinfectant properties. Peppermint oil contains menthol, which is good for the skin, and has a cooling effect. Peppermint oil contains several minerals and nutrients including; iron, manganese, magnesium, folate, calcium, potassium, copper, omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. These vitamins, minerals and nutrients increase the effective use of peppermint for the skin. Peppermint oil helps to lessen red and blotchy skin, get rid of acne, and reduce skin irritation. Peppermint's antibacterial properties help to relieve skin infections when mixed with Aloe Vera.
- Lavender Oil (Lavandula latifolia) is an essential oil obtained by distillation from the flower spikes of certain species of lavender. Lavender oil provides calming and antiseptic properties. Lavender oil is beneficial for healing wounds, acne, and eczema; reducing wrinkles, burns and chapped skin; and controlling bleeding. Lavender oil smells amazing and is refreshing!
- Calendula Blossoms Extract (Calendula Officinalis) provides anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties in addition to antioxidants. They are native to southwestern Asia, western Europe, Macaronesia, and the Mediterranean. Calendula extracts have anti-viral, anti-genotoxic and anti-inflammatory properties. Calendula is used topically for treating acne, reducing inflammation, controlling bleeding, and soothing irritated tissue.
- Allantoin is present in botanical extracts of the comfrey plant. Allantoin provides soothing and skin healing properties. Allantoin increases the water content of the extracellular matrix and enhances the desquamation of dead skin cells, increasing the smoothness of the skin. It promotes cell proliferation, wound healing, and protects skin by forming complexes with anti-irritant and skin-sensitizing agents. Allantoin is also known for its scar healing properties.
- Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)is taken from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia, which is native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia, New Zealand. Tea Tree oil provides healing, soothing and tissue regenerative properties and also acts as an antiseptic, analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiviral.
- Camphor is found in wood of the Cinnamomum camphora, a large evergreen tree found in Asia (particularly in Sumatra, Borneo and Taiwan) and also of Dryobalanops aromatica, a giant of the Bornean forests. Camphor also occurs in some other related trees in the laurel family, notably Ocotea usambarensis. Dried rosemary leaves (Rosmarinus officinalis- from the mint family) contain up to 20% camphor. Camphor produces a cooling feeling similar to menthol. Camphor acts as local anesthetic and antimicrobial substance. Camphor has been used in ancient Sumatra to treat sprains, swellings, and inflammation. Camphor provides antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and is also known for its soothing effects.
- Menthol is an organic compound obtained from cornmint, peppermint or other mint oils and is known for its cooling properties. Menthol has local anesthetic and counterirritant qualities.